HEAD OF LOCATION UPDATE – COVID TESTING – BELGIUM – 11 FEB 2021
There are many Countries that require a negative test certificate before travel/entry into the country (including the UK) and the NSE is aware that some people are finding it difficult to get a test without prescription or their Belgium National Number (NN) therefore please see below some locations where testing can be undertaken (at private cost) but without a NN or prescription.
Those personnel who have their NN can book an appointment online
The list is not exhaustive and are not ‘recommendations’, they are just some places that the HNLO has located which may be able to assist with personal testing for private travel/reasons at this time of uncertainty.
PCR Test without NN/Dr prescription
- Location : HORNU , Route de Mons, 230 – Laboratoire LIMS
- Entrance via the Institute Medical Specialise ‘s carpark (IMS Clinic), opposite to CORA Shopping. No appointment but less crowded than hospital.
- Open : Mon to Fri : 09.00 – 17.00 and Sat 08.00 – 10.00
- Remarks : fill out the document with the mobile nr (test result sent on first), email address, home address in BE, travel date, mention URGENT to get the test result asap (between 24 and 48 hrs).
- No prescription, no BE National Number required but Passport and ID, and for ease, request a bill to be sent by email.
- MYSYNLAB. https://mysynlab.synlab.be/en/patient/rendez-vous-centre the attached pdf give a few address for the Brussels area, an appointment can be booked online (all in English) Passport number and travel date/destination details will be required, we advise you request an email bill. Timings and contact details are on the attached under (Synlab) – Uccle.
Brussels Airport. Appointments should be booked in advance and you can register online. They will do a PCR Standard (24 hrs turnaround) and PCR Rapid where the result will be available in a few hours (dependant on the time the test was taken). Belgium NN is not required, register with your passport. Tests cost €67 for a Standard and €135 for a rapid test on departure from Belgium. Do not eat, drink, smoke or brush your teeth 15 mins before the test. Open from 0330 until midnight daily for testing but the Call Center is open Monday to Sunday 08:00 until 22.00 on +32 (0) 78 48 58 26.
PCR Test with Dr’s prescription
- Ambroise Pare Mons : Appointment 065/41 31 01
- Doctor Prescription required/ Passport ID payment at the desk at the main Entrance.
- Traveller need to request 5 labels with their details with a barcode and one label without.
- Open : Mon to Fri : 08 – 15.00 Go down to level 0, follow “Pre Op” sign , Covid test done in room 11 and 12 .
- Le Tillerau Lab Soignies: No appointment necessary. Open Mon-Fri 0730 to 1800 and Sat 0800 to 1200 – results within 24 hrs if not the same day.
- Passport/ID required.
- Travel documentation is to be filled out with the correct travel dates/times etc.
- Full correct address, email, phone number required for billing purposes. The bill is raised and sent by Jolimont Hospital accounting office and must be paid in a timely manner.
- Results are sent within 24-48 hrs by text message.
Chaussée de Braine 49, 7060 Soignies
The UK medical centre can help with a prescription for your private use if you cannot access testing without one. Our experience, however, is that tests ordered in this way may take time to come back and the medical centre has no direct access to the results.
Duty Travel and Symptomatic testing
- The Medical Centre team has access to PCR testing in the US facility and use it as far as is possible. This has the capacity to conduct symptomatic, contact testing and mission essential (duty) travel. This is arranged by calling the UK clinic on 065/ 44 58 24 to discuss eligibility and plan testing.