SAF Ski Store is now open for the season. We have a selection of new, slightly used to quite well used skis, boots and poles – roughly 50 sets in a range of sizes, plus two snowboards and a pair of ski blades. The great news is that use of the Ski Store is entirely free for all SAF members, with allocation on a first come first serve basis. To make use of the store please take note of the following steps:
- Step 1: Contact myself to arrange a fitting session – it would be extremely useful at this stage if you could let me know the dates you need the eqpt, plus height and shoe size of those going skiing.
- Step 2: Attend fitting session – here you will have the opportunity to try on a range of boots and choose what you want from the kit available. Please ensure you bring ski/thick socks.
- Step 3: A few days before you are due to depart arrange to collect the equipment – for a Sat-Sat holiday aim for the Wed before.
- Step 4: Have the bindings professionally adjusted. The Ski Store equipment is waxed and maintained for storage, to make the most of your time on skis it is recommended you take you boots and skis to Outdoor Rec (BX) or Intersport (Kaiserslautern) for this service. This can be done at the resort, but it will cost more and will mean less time on piste.
- Step 5: Have a great time skiing.
- Step 6: Return the equipment within a few days of your return. I will set a provisional slot when the equipment is collected, please confirm once you have returned to Ramstein – for a Sat-Sat holiday I ask that this is NLT the Wed after.
It is understood that damage and losses will occasionally occur. If this does happen, it will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
For now, all I ask is that the sooner you can complete Steps 1 and 2 the less chance there is for disappointment. With anticipated high demand for certain events, please aim off early for the following dates:
- 25-28 Nov – Thanksgiving Weekend
- 8-22 Jan – RAF Ski Champs
- 12-26 Feb – SAF Winter Trip / St David’s Half Term
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.