Background. Due to the recognised need to support EJSU and UK NATO personnel including spouses and dependants overseas, HQ EJSU Welfare are in the process of organising a face to face, with the OPSMART team. The aim is to train a number of service personnel with the skills to be able to deliver Mental Health Awareness as well as being competent to hold conversations with people In distress. This is not Mental Health First Aid.
OPSMART Training. The course will be run at EJSU, SHAPE over the weekend 19-20 MAR 22. These dates are the only availability for the OPSMART team this year, therefore, if approved, these dates are fixed. Once qualified, trained personnel will be able to recognise personnel who are struggling with declining mental health as well as being deemed competent to hold conversations with people in distress.
The course is restricted by numbers and OPSMART have a recognised cohort who they are mandated to train as a priority. After those, units can fill course vacancies with suitably selected delegates.
Day One Mental Resilience Training
Day Two Challenging Conversations with people in Distress
Those selected for training must have;
· An interest in Mental Health awareness, wellbeing and a genuine commitment to supporting people. This is not just a nice to have.
· Minimum rank of SNCO, exceptions will be made for mature and exceptional JNCO’s.
· Maturity, sensitivity and empathy to be able to engage in difficult conversations.
· Skills, ability and commitment to be able to deliver Mental Health Awareness training effectively.
· Have at least 12 months remaining in post on completion of the course
Nominations direct to the undersigned are required by COP Friday 18th February 22 to enable the timely preparation.
Jodie Farr I Welfare Support I European Joint Support Unit I SHAPE I BFPO 26
Tel Mil I 9205 423 ext 6733 I Civ +32 (0) 470 69 72 38