European Joint Support Unit

European Joint Support Unit

To provide Firm Base support to Service Personnel, civilians and their families serving with NATO, the EU and elsewhere in Europe and Turkey, in order to facilitate success on operations


What subject do you need information on?

If the information you need was not here then please contact us through our online contact form

If a deal is not agreed with the EU then access to the Green Card-free circulation area will cease. This would mean that UK motorists would need to carry a Green Card as proof of third party motor insurance cover when driving in the EU, EEA, Andorra, Serbia and  Switzerland at all times. The Green Card is an international certificate of insurance issued by insurance providers, guaranteeing that motorists have the necessary third-party motor insurance cover to travel in the country being travelled to. All certificates have the same format, are green in colour, and list the countries for which the motorist’s insurance policy is valid. You should ensure that you have a green card issued by your policy provider and that you are familiar with the countries you are insured to. What Should you do? Ask your Insurance company for a Green Card to drive in the EU, EEA, Andorra, Serbia and Switzerland; ensure that it is actually printed on ‘green-card’.